May 16, 2011

the most important latinamerican music fest

the most important latinamerican music fest

As well it´s known for the rock latinoamerican comunity , last April 8th ,2011 began,the twelfth Latinamerican Fest or best known as "Vive Latino",This is the most important Rock and latin alternative musical festival , wich always promises full our heards and minds of nice music. A brief introduction , the "Vive" it´s celebrated in Mexico City on a place called Foro Sol since 1988, and only has been canceled a twice times (1999 and 2002) for some organization problems.However this fest go on , because has a lot of fans whose years after teast attending at "the Rock Calling". the estructure of the festival including 3 stages and wich one has seen the performances of a lot of great bands like Los Abandoned, The Mars Volta , Save Ferris, Deftones, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs,Los Pericos,Bersuit Vergarabat,,Cafe Tacuva,La Maldita Vecindad, The Wailers, The Skatalites,Los Autenticos Decadentes,Gondwana, Gustavo Cerati, ZOE, And Others,Anyway if I mention every band I´ll never finish, ,the point it´s that "The Vive", it´s a real test for any real band and for anybody "Rocker boy" or Rocker girl". Well it´s time to write about the Vive Latino 2011 , So first I wanna give a loud applause for the organization ,whose invited great bands, special mention to the Caifanes .The meeting of this mexican rock band was one of the most commented news of the fest. Specially because the band broke up in 1995 when guitarist Alejandro Marcovich left the band and the remaining members continued (for legal reason) under the name Jaguares. But for many fans the true identity of Caifanes sound was the combination of Marcovich and Saul Hernandez. As a previous of Caifanes ,in the main stage we enjoyed the performances of bands like Enjambre,San Pascualito Rey ,La Gusana Ciega ,Los Pericos,Jarabe de Palo,Los Bunkers and Los Enanitos Verdes, So what I would like to bring out it´s the playing of bands like Jarabe de Palo whose played with a nice attitude and mades dancing a big part of the audience , Los Enanitos Verdes whose made us remember good old times and Enjambre who have shown a really interestingpropuse, good for each one. In contrast I´m really disapointed of the performance of La Gusana and Pericos , of my point of view, each one of this bands has a lot to offer, but in this time someting was wrong I think that colud be the called "Feeling". After this bands , the performance of Caifanes was Legendary and no ones could forget what that night happened , the magic and mystery of Caifanes floted in all the area and I want to finish with some words of Saul Hernandez.... Raza Caifanes a sus pies

2 comments:

Dianita said...

I think, the rock festival is an event very important in Mexico City, because asembled a huge crowd of people with different kind of music in the Foro Sol.
Vive Latino is a movement musical where participed many bands in different stages and if you go to the festival you can choose the better stage what you prefer!
I've attended to Vive Latino two times and it was a good experiencie for me!

marii said...

Well,I´ve gone to this festival just one time and I can say it was amazing.
That time,in 2005,I went because there was a band that I totally adore,called "Los Planetas".
Anyway,I think that nowadays the fest has become very comercial and has lost it´s "essence",that´s just my opininion,but certainly it follows being so good.
I´ts great that you have enjoyed it
(: