Nov 27, 2010

The Rastafari Culture


When the world was called to redemption, announcing the inevitable fall of the throne of Babylon by divine intervention, it was the year of 1930 when a black king’s coronation in Ethiopia is proclaimed, as the fulfillment of biblical prophecies that tells of the second coming of Christ to earth in his own divine lineage. Several events in Africa, especially in Ethiopia, talks about the old African Kingdom that started at the Holy City of Jerusalem: from Mount Zion to the tribes Rastafarians.

It helped as inspiration for the exploited and battered masses, for the poor Jamaicans and the African descent seeking to save their lives from the horrors of slavery and degradation.

The main influence in the foundation of Rasta Doctrine was Mr. Marcus Mosiah Garvey, who was the first orator internationally recognized of the black conscience. He was who announced the early coronation of a black king in Africa what will redeem blacks scattered on the planet. He said:

“Look carefully to Africa, because when a black king be crowned, the day of redemption will be close.”

We could say that Marcus Garvey is the Juan Bautista of culture Rastafari.



Is not about a religion, is not an organization, there’s no a director, the Rastafarians doesn’t accept organized power. Rastafarianism is an attitude, is a way to understand the life…










7 comments:

Isr@el said...

Cool my friend, I believe that in that age exist much slavery and oppression by the governments and before people have something so that to fight although it was with deaths and arms, but everything changes also we thus we must do it and fight with the ideas and the brain. And all we are free yeah!!
That the mushrooms live!!

Professor Mau said...

Very interesting post, Krueger, I have never read this information before

it´s important to know the origins of such an important piece of culture

thanks!

Adriano said...

Good...I like it very much....these kind of topics or cultures have to be present in our minds every day...because the government only want to see us under they and they always take away our rights...so I like very much Reggae music...and drums...I like to feel the beats in my head!!! (we should use the internet to share these ideas not only to upload e-mails which are unuseful)

Paty said...

I had heard about the Rastafari lifestyle, but never about the meaning of the culture. I´ve never understood why many people make a diference between black and white, they are just humans like all of us.

judith said...

its really interesting to me know about this theme, I can't understand why some people have to separate to a class of persons of another only by skin color, interesting topic.!!

faby said...

I would like to know about this topic, but I don´t know nothing.

I only know that you love this kind of music and play the drums.

maria del carmen vilchis said...

Before I had read a little about Bob Marley and your music but I hadn`t actually Known about of this culture

It is a post very intereting!!!